Fleetwood Mac to headline next year’s Isle of Wight Festival
Fleetwood Mac will close next year's Isle of Wight Festival
The reunited band say they are “delighted” to play the Isle of Wight Festival’s final night at Seaclose Park, Newport on the island on Sunday, June 14 – marking their only festival performance.
In a statement, the band said: “We’ve always wanted to come to the UK to play the Isle of Wight Festival, and so we are delighted that in 2015, we are finally making it happen.
“So many of our fellow artists and friends have played at this historic event over the years, and we can’t wait to see all of our fans on the island next summer.”
The multi-Grammy award winning group had been long rumoured to be headlining next year’s Glastonbury Festival, which the band themselves strongly denied.
Christine McVie announced she would be rejoining her bandmates for live shows in 2015
We’ve always wanted to come to the UK to play the Isle of Wight Festival, and so we are delighted that in 2015, we are finally making it happen
Isle of Wight festival organiser, John Giddings says it is going to be a “moment in music history.”
“It’s no secret that Fleetwood Mac have been on my wishlist for the Isle of Wight Festival for some time now, so I’m very pleased and extremely proud to have them headline next year’s event.
“With Christine now back in the band too, it is going to be a momentous occasion, a moment in music history,” he added.
Christine McVie confirmed she would be rejoining her bandmates Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie for live shows in 2015 following a guest spot during their highly acclaimed concerts at London’s O2 Arena last year.
This is said to be the first time the band have headlined a major UK festival with a line-up, which took them to worldwide fame with hit albums including Rumours.
Tickets go on sale on Friday at 9am via isleofwightfestival.com.