Kanye West abruptly cancels rest of world tour
Kanye West has abruptly cancelled the rest of his world tour, concert promoters have said.
“The remaining dates on the SAINT PABLO TOUR have been cancelled. Tickets will be fully refunded at point of purchase,” Live Nation said in a statement.
The statement gave no reason for the cancellation, and West’s representatives did not immediately comment.
However a source close to West, who is married to Kim Kardashian, told celebrity magazine Us Weekly the musician was exhausted and stressed after spending almost every night on tour since August and following the armed robbery on Kardashian in Paris last month.
The announcement follows the last-minute cancellation of a concert by West in Los Angeles on Sunday and a rant-filled show the previous night in Sacramento.
West was recorded ranting about Beyonce, Jay Z, Hillary Clinton, Mark Zuckerberg, the radio and MTV, before ending the show after just 30 minutes.
He later flooded his Instagram with pictures of items from his fashion line.
At a previous show earlier last week he was booed by fans after telling them he did not vote in the US election – but if he had, he “would have voted on Trump”.
The rapper was scheduled to perform in Dallas, Denver, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit, Boston, New York City and Washington DC on the rest of the tour.
West has a history of unpredictable and sometimes controversial behaviour.
Last year he declared he was considering running for US president in 2020.
In 2009, he interrupted Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards in New York, saying the honour should have gone to Beyonce.
In 2006, he posed as Jesus Christ on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, and earlier this year his music video for the song Famous featured portrayals of nude celebrities including Trump, Swift and comedian Bill Cosby lying asleep in bed with him.